Saturday, July 16, 2011

In True Marquis Fashion...

Well in true Marquis fashion, a small car project and family date night turned into an all evening mayhem. Jordon needed to replace the clock spring on our car to get the airbags, horn, and cruise control working. After pulling apart the steering wheel, he realized he needed to use his air gun that was at my brother's house. So we headed over there, and Ethan got to play with his beloved cousin and best friend Isaac (I'm always so happy they get along so well). Then after an hour or so, he realized that he needed a steering wheel puller and he didn't have the right sized screws for that. Since it was past 6pm, Home depot was the only store open that would have what he needed. So we headed to Home Depot where Ethan and I spent about an hour in the car (our AC is not working at the moment) with Jordon coming in and out trying different screws and still couldn't find the right fit. We then headed over to O'Rileys to look for a special kit, which also didn't work, so Jordon returned it. At this point I was feeling like I was getting heat exhaustion (which unfortunately I get easily), so I stepped outside the car to get some fresh air and I saw a large green puddle under the right front wheel. I'd seen this before on my brothers car and knew it was bad. So, hesitantly calling Jordon (knowing he was already grumpy about how the evening was going), I let him know the problem. He came out, opened the hood and saw radiator fluid all over the engine compartment and then we noticed the hose was spraying fluid. We had sprung a leak! By this time, Ethan and I were both overheated, Ethan was squirming to get out of his chair, so I decided to take him over to the nearby McDonalds where we could have smoothies, french fries, and play at the playplace. We did this for an hour while Jordon worked hard to replace the clock spring, replace the radiator hose, and clean up the spill around the car (thankfully O'Riley's was still open and we were parked right in front of it!). By this time it was 9:30 pm and we decided it was time to end our family date night and go home. It was enough fun for one evening and we were pooped! I'm just so grateful that Jordon knows how to fix so many car problems, I just wish we didn't have so many! I keep hoping we've worked out the last of the kinks in our van, but apparently it has a mind of it's own. Still, we enjoy it when it's running well, overall it's a very nice vehicle and comfortable too! Happy Friday!

No comments: