Here's something cool that I thought I'd share with you all in case you are in need of a cheap way of getting eyeglasses. I got this info through a brother who'd gotten it from another brother (thanks guys!), so I looked into it. I had recently gotten some cheaper eye glasses from the doctor but have never really liked them, it was just what my insurance would pay for. They're heavy, and not as nice as i'd like, but I've also come to realize my eyes are now to a point where I need to be wearing my glasses all the time, otherwise I get raging headaches by the end of the day. I figured, I really should get a backup pair (in case little fingers decide to break my glasses or I decide to sit on them which I've already done plenty of times since I got my new pair), and I'd LOVE to get a pair of prescription sunglasses. So I went to
www.zennioptical.com and started playing around. You need your prescription from your eye doctor, just go in and ask for a copy and they can give it to you. The prescription will look weird and I didn't understand any of it, but no fear, this website explains it all. Then you upload a photo of yourself and start "trying" on glasses. They'll give you the measurements of the glasses (the width and height of the lens area, the length of the piece that goes to your ear, etc) You can add things to any pair of glasses (like if you want to ad a tint and make them into sunglasses or just want them as the fade in and out type sunglass/eye glass (is that called progressive?), or if you need them to be bifocal, or if you want an anti-glare added to them (helps with night driving), or if you have coke bottle size lenses, they have all sorts of sizes for higher prescription strengths Anyways, I ended up ordering a pair of eyeglasses and sunglasses and just got them today (took them about 2 weeks to make and ship). I spent around $35 (sunglasses were about $18 with the added tint and glasses were $15 and that was with anti-reflection coating, add on shipping and seriously you can't get that even at walmart!) all together for both, they each come with a case and glass cloth and here's what I got:
These are my fun red pair (I told Jordon that these are definitely glasses I wouldn't fear wearing on a date and not feel so "nerdy"):
And my sunglasses (yay! I can go running, read in the sun, and drive without headaches now!):
And here's my glasses from the eye doctor (which are fine, they work... just not my fave... I call them a total "snore" and they always slide down my nose and are heavy and drive me crazy):
one last peak at my spoils:
I'm just glad I now have an extra pair in case Ethan or I broke one pair. After I made my order, I saw that they have these cool glasses that have a magnetic strip on the nose piece (not seen in the front) and come with a sunglass "clip" that sticks to your glasses to make them into sunglasses whenever you want (but without the geeky clipping that you normally see). So I may have to get some of those too... and maybe a few other colors... who knows, these can become accessories at the prices they have. I admit it, I am a total geek getting all excited about glasses, but I thought I'd share my spoils and maybe help someone else along the way get some cheap glasses and pass on the hint.
1 comment:
That is good to know! I need to get some new glasses. I love your new hair by the way!
Post a Comment