Friday, December 3, 2010

In True Marquis Family Fashion...

An update to our anniversary date... well in true Marquis Family fashion, we ended up having car trouble halfway to our date destination. I call this the Marquis family luck with automobiles that I've married into. I really should have expected it, but this last year our cars have been so good to us that I'd almost forgotten that they could break at any moment. I can't remember the names, so Jordon is going to laugh at me when he reads this, but there's a box somewhere near or coming out of the differential and the output shaft from that box was completely sheered. We think it'd been that way for a while and when we pulled off the nearest exit after feeling something "weird" it came off and started dragging. Jordon jumped out, and went looking under the car. He popped back up with a very familiar look on his face (this kind of exasperated look where he laughs because he feels like yelling or crying kind of look) and I just knew "uh oh". Of course with some experience under my belt, these were the thoughts running through my mind:

"well we aren't going to make it to our movie and dinner"
"Do I need to call one of my brothers to come tow us? or are we able to drive it?"
"is Jordon going to be under the car for just a few minutes or are we going to be sitting here on  the side of the road for an hour or so?"
"I really need to go pee, am I going to have to go out in the snow? oh wait, there's a restaurant not too far ahead, I could walk... but I'm in heels and it's ice and a downward slope, not a good combination!"

Thankfully Jordon was able to put the shaft back into place and we slowly drove not too far away to my brother's house. They were wonderful and lent us their car and we headed off to salvage our date and went out to dinnerat a place with great service, yummy food and great prices. Can't beat that. So, other than the car mishap, we had a nice evening. And we were blessed to find the part we needed only 15 minutes away in a wrecking yard for a few hundred less than if we bought it brand new. Jordon and my brother, bless both their hearts, were up till 4am this morning putting the bronco back together so it'd be in tip top shape. Here's to hoping that nothing else will break in the very near future (we've already had to replace the battery in that car last week).

1 comment:

Maddie said...

Gr! That sounds like such a headache! Car trouble is the worst! It's almost worth it to buy a brand new one so you don't have to deal with break downs in the freezing cold weather on a much needed anniversary date...

By the way!

HAppy Anniversary!!!!!