Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happenings...

Well our two weeks since graduation have been busier than I had hoped. The first week Jordon spent at school studying for his FE (fundamentals of engineering) exam that he took saturday for 8 hours! ouch... once that was done, then it was on to my brother's house to work on cars. This week poor Jordon has had to be Mr. Mom since I've been pulling extra hours at the fire department. Since he doesn't have a job yet, my fire dept job is our only income. Thus, working extra hours. I know Jordon gets tired of being home all day and I sure get tired of having to work alot. I sure hope these rolls can be switched soon. Jordon does have an interview this week with an engineering firm for an internship position. We hope something comes of it. In the mean time, we have been blessed in little ways like...

*all the brush fires we've had in the county this last week that has helped give me extra hours at work

*extra ambulance shifts I've covered for other people who weren't able to work their shifts

*the small raise I recieved this week after talking with my boss and finding out I was being underpaid since last July... so I'll get a little backpay for the last 9 months

*the fire/ambulance bays needed to be repainted and that gave me even more extra hours at work helping paint

Overall, we are doing well... just wishing we had a little more down time and time to spend together as a family. I'm currently on my third shift in a row of four... and I think I'm going to lay down for a nap (since Jordon and ethan are both sleeping) and hope that I don't get an ambulance call for at least an hour or so.

A few pictures of our adventures from the last few weeks:

Ethan loves his juice!

Sliding at the park with Daddy

Walking along the pond with Daddy... we were feeding the duckies and throwing rocks into the pond (and I LOVE my sepia feature on my new camera)


Tired and ready to go home... Bye Bye!

1 comment:

Lloyd Family said...

Sounds like you guys are busy. Hope that you get your internship. Hope you are doing well.