Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mom Thoughts

It's the celebration week of Mothers and I was thinking the other night about some great times and stories I have of my mom. So I thought I'd share some over the next few days when I have time... first of all I have to say that I commend my mother for surviving her six rambunctious children. I'm glad she's still alive and kicking after all we put her through.

On sunday we were sitting in the Chapel during sacrament meeting wrestling with Ethan to keep him busy and quiet. Mean while, we were also literally destroying the pew around us with sippy cups, snacks, yogurt bites, cars, books, crayons, paper, and whatever else Ethan could find to pull out of the diaper bag. We were trying to keep him wrangled in one area of the pew so he wouldn't disrupt other families. But that didn't work as well as we'd liked. He figured out quickly how to climb under the pews and quickly scoot forward or backward and we'd both have to reach forward and grab him by the feet to pull him back. It litterally felt like I was trying to keep a wild animal in his cage. We were doing pretty well with making it through sacrament until he decided to take his cars and "vroom" them across our neighbors back in front of us and the wheels got tangled in her hair... it was a mess. After the meeting and not knowing what was said during that entire time, all I could think about was my own mother and wondered how the heck did she survive six kids in church?

All I can say is Mom you are my hero!

No comments: