Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Our New Home

Excuse the excitement of this post, I've just come back from a nice walk in the sunshine and I think I'm a little high on endorphin's. So we have moved into a new home! The moving part was tiring and we were grateful for family help. It was nice to move all our stuff from multiple different places (apartment, storage unit, brother's homes) all into one place! I can't even begin to describe how nice it is to have space and light! The house is positioned perfectly where we get sun shining into our master bedroom in the morning and kitchen/dining, and then our living room and my spare room/craft/office in the afternoon. We are using less electricity here than we did in our tiny apartment (which I lovingly called the Hell Hole or My Prison... ). We live in a nice neighborhood and are right across the street from church. So we've walked to church every Sunday since we moved in. We like our ward so far and have felt very welcome there! We've already been visited by the Elders quorum and Relief Society presidencies and our records haven't even been received in the ward yet officially. Everyone seems so warm and friendly and excited to have us here.

I love being close to so many amenities. I like to think I'd be a good country girl, but really I think I'm a suburban woman. I like living in a quiet setting on the outskirts of town, but near enough to all the shopping. That is how I grew up as a kid. So it's what I'm used to. We've done a little exploring down some of the streets near our house and have found that they go on for a long time and turn into country/farmland... great for walks and runs on quiet roads!

Jordon loves having a garage and is slowly cleaning it up after our move and arranging his tools to his liking.

Ethan has warmed up quickly to his new house. He enjoys all the space to run around in. The weather is warming and I'm looking forward to taking him outside for walks in the spring. We have a ton of soccer fields literally almost in our backyard and a fun playground about half a mile down the road.

Ethan is one of 30 sunbeams in our ward! lots of little friends to get to know. There are 3 sunbeam classes all together so far. I've been told that our ward just keeps on growing, not alot of move outs, but alot of moving in. There are also 2 elders quorums as well! There are many engineers in the ward that Jordon will be working with at his new job (which he starts Monday!). We are truly looking forward to having a steady income and plan to work hard at paying off our student loans quickly!

That's it for now. I will try to take some photos of our new place soon.

3 comments:

Myrnie said...

So wonderful! So happy for you guys!!

Hogg Family said...

prWhere did you guys move?? Congrats on a new place and real job!

Scott and Karissa Conover said...

That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you! Enjoy your new house