Sunday, March 6, 2011

Part two of Day one in Heaven...

I guess I'm posting all this mostly for Jordon's sake, it's the easiest way to send pictures and videos. But I know the rest of grammy's and papa's and great grammy's and papa's may still enjoy this too. Here's the second half to our day one in southern California. It sure can be dazzling and grand when you drive through the california coast cities. There's of course that "keeping up with the Jones's" feel to the place, but gosh it's shocking to me because there's so much to be offered in cuisine, shops, or whatever you need or are looking for. I can't get that where I live and don't even find that kind of diversity when we visit my parents in the bigger cities where they live near. But I sure do enjoy visiting here!

We went out to dinner tonight with my step grandmother and step aunt. I talked with my Aunt briefly and we both realized that we'd never met eachother before. So it was fun to finally meat my Aunt Heidi. Dinner was great. I had been really stressed and nervous about how Ethan would act. Since we are an hour behind and dinner was at 6:30, he would be tired and I was scared he was going to turn into mr. Monster... he ended up being a complete angel the entire time (2 1/2 hours!), everyone was so impressed. I even got a comment from the waitress on the way out that he was so well behaved. He spent the time playing with his trains, coloring in a Cars book, eating food, and then of course laying his head on his "B"... I'm just so relieved and glad it went well and we had a nice evening talking and spending time together.

My Step Grandmother & I

My Step Aunt Heidi and I


My Mom with her Stepmother

Dad & I

E keeping busy with coloring

and he's gotta have his "B" and some good snacks too

getting tired, but still playing with his "Choo Choo's" and eating a cookie



Happy 80th Birthday! She sure doesn't look 80, right? What a youngin!






Happy Boy! He really knows how to make a great first impression and whoo the ladies around him... must get that from his Daddy!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Fun! Glad you are enjoying your time away. I've never met Heidi either, hopefully we will someday. CUTE pictures!