Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day One of Heaven in Southern Cali....

Well after a long days drive, Ethan and I are with  my parents in southern California! I haven't been to S. Cali for about 5 years and I am in heaven! We are in San Clemente staying with my uncle and we are mainly here to celebrate my step-grandmother's 80th birthday. We'll be here a few days swinging between San Clemente and Huntington Beach. I have lots of pictures and movies that I hope to get up that I've taken just within the first few hours of our first day here. We started our morning early sometime after 7 and by 8 we were outside in our PJ's playing in the front yard. The weather is a beautiful sunny 70 degrees and I'm in capris and a t-shirt and already feeling almost too hot! It's a bit of a shock on your system when you come from 30 degrees to 70 degrees within a day or so. (warning to those who get this by email, this next "photo" is actually a movie which you may have to go to my blog to see it)


Ethan has already been having so much fun here. There are two dogs (though one is sick, old and dying any day now), there is also a fat cat roaming around the house and he calls it "meow" and chases the poor fat kitty everywhere and they are both saying "meow" the whole time. I've found this fat cat sunbathing on his belly by the upstairs window, i didn't get a picture of it though, it was quite a funny sight to see.


WOW! Big Palm Tree!

I'm Such a Big Climber just like my Daddy!


Here I am again climbing on more things! I'm an Explorer!
 By 10am we were out at the beach and enjoying the waves! The water is of course super cold. Ethan was scared of the waves at first, but eventually with help from his Grammy, he got used to it and thought it was so fun that he started to run into the waves and poor Grammy was having to chase after him. He was also trying to drag her by the hand into the waves too. (Next photos is a video... see blog if you can't play it)




Afraid of the water at first, clinging to grammy


San Clemente


Ethan with Grammy and Papa
Grammy helping Ethan get used to the waves
Now he's loving the waves and thinks it's the best thing in the world to be chased by them!
Splash!

My Daddy and I

While we were at the beach, we got to see multiple trains go by and Ethan was so excited to see "choo choo's".


Choo Choo!

(warning: next photo is a video...)

We also took a stroll on the pier before we headed home for a nap.... which is what we are doing right now... well Ethan is anyway. Then it's on to window shopping and then out to dinner with family in Huntington Beach.


Cool Dude on the Pier

Here we all are!

Like I said before, I am in Heaven here! Between the perfect weather, being able to get out and be so active and not feel freezing cold or be in snow, and having waves, beaches, palm trees, good food, and great shopping.... it's my oasis... other than not having my hubby here, that's my only BIG downside... and to Jordon a special message (our usual tradition when we are finding ourselves in sand without eachother):




mmmmm, and currently right now as I'm finally posting this, i'm eating the yummiest crackers with hummus thanks to my Aunt Anja, she's always so sweet for feeding me. Until next time!

2 comments:

Grammy Marquis said...

I wish I were there......!!!

Karen said...

Jealous...But happy for you! Get some extra sun for me! ;)