Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Our Utah trip

Ethan and I are at my parent's this week.

Have you ever tried sunbathing in 30 degree weather? Well I did today! And while the wind wasn't blowing and the sun was out, it felt great! Of course my face and hands were about all that was exposed, so bring on the vitamin D baby! YAY! I eventually got brave and pulled up my pants to expose my legs, didn't last very long.... too cold. Mean while, Ethan was having a blast riding a tricycle in the driveway.





Here's Ethan playing with his bike


We also got a chance to spend some time on saturday with Grammy and Papa Marquis and see Aunt Randilinn, Uncle Jared and baby cache. They have some cute little puppies right now that they are trying to sell. Ethan just loved them and they were the perfect size for him. He would chase them, and then turn around and there would be two chasing him and biting his pangs and getting up on their hind legs to get highter up to give him puppy kisses. It was really sweet to watch. He just loved them. So nice too because of all his trauma he's had with being bitten by dogs, he had a good experience this time.


This puppy kept jumping up my leg and I fell in love with it. I always wish we had our own place so we could have animals. I'm not too big on the idea of these puppies getting to be big dogs, but I LOVE puppies of any sort. They just bring sheer happiness, don't they? I just felt happy to hold such a sweet little thing.


Ethan with his papa Marquis






So far we've spent our days just doing our usual, getting breakfast on the table, playing with all of Grammy's toys and enjoying how "new" they feel, Grammy has a train track of course, so Ethan stays busy with that. Grammy & Papa also have sattelite TV, we are both enjoying that right now too. Some days are slow and others  we are able to get out and get things done. Ethan and I took a walk today. I had to coerce him into the stroller with a cookie (great trick by the way) and we walked around the neighborhood. It felt nice to get the blood flowing and myself moving again! I miss that alot.

He's got a cookie stuffed in his mouth...

No comments: