Well the Marquis family luck has struck again... times 4! First off, my car broke down last week and Jordon is thinking it's the fuel pump... not a good thing. So it's parked at my brother's right now until he can diagnose and hopefully fix the issue. Next suprise, our apartment flooded! That's right, flooded... sewer backup. Not pretty. Jordon had been up all night working on finals and I woke up in the morning and we both found that the bathroom was a lake, the tub was backing up with yucky brown flecked water (I'm sure you can guess what that was!) and the water from the floor had seeped into the hallway and was started to go under the walls into the bedroom closets. It was horrible. We quickly pulled everything from the closets (thankfully nothing was damaged), contacted our managers and started mopping up the mess. Eventually the water stopped flowing and the managers called the sewer guys to come out and check things out. Apparently all the ground floor apartments in our building had some backup issues (girgling and yucky water coming up in the tub) but we were the "lucky" ones to have it flood our apartment. They also called out a carpet guy who happens to also be in our ward and he came out that afternoon to clean the carpets and put fans under the carpet to start drying the floor. We stayed with my brother all weekend, thanks dan & karen! On saturday, I drove back for a choir rehearsal at church and stopped in to check the carpets, only to find yet another lake in my bathroom! Yes that's right, flooded again! So the sewer people were called out again and this time they flushed the whole system with 300 gallons of water and along with whatever else they do to get rid of plugs. I feel like I was handeling things like a champ on friday, but by saturday when it was flooded again, I just wanted to scream! Then the cherry topper... sunday I'm driving Ethan to the church and it's snowing and extremely slick. We pull into the parking lot slowly and I go to turn into a parking slot only to realize I'm making the turn too wide (our 4 wheel drive causes the bronco to make wide turns, when it usually turns very nice and sharp). I put on the brake only to find that I'm continuing to slide right into another car! Yep, that's right, my first accident EVER! My right front corner hit their back left corner and smashed the light to bits and caused a small dent and some paint damage. By this point, I'm late and needing to get into sacrament for our choir performance (we did the whole sacrament) and I am shaking and wanting to burst into tears. I of course, pull out some paper and write a quick note with contact info and when we'll be getting out of church in hopes that somehow we'll get insurance info swapped. I run in and of course tell Jordon and he's a great trooper about it and just says "ok, it's ok" though I could see the stressed look on his face, but he knew I was already on the verge of tears. Our choir performance went great, at least I think so. Then we finally met up with the family afterwards to swap info... Today I've been cleaning cleaning cleaning and I still feel like my apartment smells like a nursing home (aka: urine) and I'm wishing they would have replaced the carpet and mat underneath. I think I'm really really really ready to move now.
On a good note, Jordon is done with finals after being up for 3 days straight. He is now slowly recovering and will probably be sleeping in quite a bit this week. Ethan had a blast playing with his cousins over the weekend which of course made his weekend wonderful. I'm happy about that. And of course, we got to stay with my brother at his beautiful home he's renting and I felt like I was staying in a suite in the room we slept in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I am so sorry that happened! You ARE a trooper!
Post a Comment