Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Ethan and Summer Break

Well school is finally over for the summer. Jordon got great grades, way to go hun! The day after school got out, we took off to Utah and spent the weekend with family and then headed home to Washington for the entire summer break! YAHOO! Ethan did better than I expected on the drive to Washington. Still... not too fun to drive with a 1 year old. Oh and he had his birthday, YAY! Happy Birthday E! He didn't seem too excited for the yummy confetti cake we made at auntie Randilinn's house, but he did love the chocolate cake we had at Grammy Felt's house. MMMM!

Washington has been great! Though the first few days home we were sweltering in 98 degree heat without air conditioning. Here in the northwest since it is usually very mild weather year long and rains alot, there really is no need for anyone to have AC. I forgot how spoiled we've been living with AC in our apartment. Thankfully the heat wave only lasted a few days and now it's currently cloudy and raining! I love RAIN! I also love how green it is here. Jordon's grandparents are here for two weeks and we have just been having so much fun. The women folk have been shopping till we drop... it's been alot of fun to get out and do that.

Ethan is walking now. He started walking about two weeks ago and is getting pretty good at it. Of course we are having to deal with all the falling, crying, goose eggs, bumps and bruises that go along with learning to walk and learning to go up and down stairs. Ethan is loving being at Grammy's house where he can explore so many different rooms. We go on lots of walks and he loves the goats, chickens, and dog. We haven't taken him to see the horses yet at the pasture, but that's on our list! The dog Lucy loves to lick Ethan. Our parents have screen doors and the bottom is ripped, so Ethan has figured this out and puts his hands under the door for Lucy to lick. It's pretty cute.

Jordon and I will be going hiking/camping this weekend. My idea of camping is at a designated campsite with some sort of bathroom near by, along with sleeping on an air mattress. That's just how my family camped. Jordon on the other hand loves to "rough" it and hike in to someplace, set up camp, dig a latrine, etc. So that is what we are going to do... I haven't camped like that since my 4th year of girls camp. But I'm excited to be going on a campout with Jordon. This will be the first time we've ever camped just he and I. Jordon is also trying to get into shape to hike Mt Rainier. He hopes to be ready in time, only 1 1/2 weeks left. Overall, we are both just loving being back home in the green northwest and enjoying all that it has to offer both outdoors and in.

2 comments:

Myrnie said...

How fun, and happy birthday to Ethan! If you guys want to come over for a playdate one morning, the girls and I would love to see you! :)

Kelly and Tyler said...

He is getting SOOO big!!!