Sunday, June 28, 2009

Marquis Family Update

It's been over a month since my last post and I can't believe how fast time flies sometimes. Things are going well, sleep is much better, Ethan is even sleeping better too! WAHOO! Ethan and I go walking most mornings and get lots of sunshine. He has his daddy's dark olive skin, so he darkens really quick and easy in the sun.

Ethan is 11 months old and still a very curious little boy. He is very happy and
content with crawling, though he has great balance and I know he could walk, but doesn't want to let go of you when walking. I know he'll figure it out eventually, in the mean time, he's sure cute to watch crawl and cruise around. He's figured out how to pull himself up onto the couch. We've also had to remove most of the knobs off our kitchen drawers and cupboards because he now is tall enough to reach and pull them open. He has one cupboard I leave for him to go rummage through and he just loves it! I laugh everytime he gets into the cupboard and pulls everything out from pots and pans to appliances and sippy cups. He has lots of fun little toys, and yet he would much rather play with electronics like the computer mouse and keyboard, cell phones, real keys, television and stereo, etc. He's just so curious about everything and thus gets into EVERYTHING! :) He's been such a picky eater and has mostly lived off of cheerios and crackers for the past few months. But we had a breakthrough yesterday and I got him to eat chicken and french fries! YAHOO! It was a miracle :). He's quite a pro at drinking out of a sippy now and he loves anything with wheels. When he gets a chance, he loves to push the jogging stroller around. He'll stand in the back and push the entire stroller while holding onto the bottom basket (which is at perfect hieght for him). Today he and I went to the park and our neighbors were there with their dog "Nitro". Nitro loved coming up to Ethan and giving him puppy kisses, in turn Ethan was giving Nitro pats on the back. I was impressed at how well he handled the dog coming up to him. He also loves his board books. I will find him sitting in the living room looking at his board books and jabbering away (most of the time the books are upside down). Ethan can clap his hands, give you five, and wave bye bye. He loves to play with mega bloks with daddy. Daddy builds while Ethan destroys. It's quite cute! I have to say, I love consignment stores for clothing, toys, and books! The best place ever! Oh and Ethan has a few little friends that we get together with to play some days, it's been fun to watch him start to learn to interact with others his age. We are very excited for Ethan's first birthday and look forward to all the upcoming milestones.

Jordon is continuing to work so hard in school, but is getting quite pooped. We will have a break from school in August and plan to head home to Washington for the month to stay with Jordon's family. We sure look forward to beautiful green Washington! :) Grammy Jean can't wait to see her little Ethan again and we look forward to having grammy and papa see how much he's grown! We've had Grammy Felt visit once a month since she lives only a few hours away and I can say that Ethan loves both his Grammy's very much. I know when he is very fond of someone when he's very smiley, jabbers, and gives the person kisses on their cheek. He doesn't do that with just anyone! :)

Well that's the latest. I'll try to post more soon.

2 comments:

... said...

The boy has HAIR in that first picture! A little freaky but impressive... Miss you! When are we going to see you all next?

Karen said...

Glad to hear you'll be coming our way! Are you gonna be here all of Aug? If so you should be here for the birth of numero Quatro! Looking forward to seeing you!