We had thanksgiving here at home and invited some friends over that had a baby only three weeks ago. The turkey came out great! The meat was falling off the bone... it was yummy! Our friend's baby is named Jacob and he and Ethan were the same weight when they were born. I held little Jacob and I could not remember Ethan being that small! It's crazy how fast you forget those things. I couldn't believe he used to be that tiny. Though when I held Jacob, now I realize how strong Ethan really was when he was born. Everyone always commented on how strong he was and how good he was at holding up his head. I didn't think much of it until I hold other newborns who are weak and floppy. I guess he is quite the strong little kid! It's so crazy how fast he's grown. But it's been fun to watch him. 
Ethan has learned to roll over from his back to his tummy and does it very quickly now. The only problem is that he doesn't roll from his tummy to his back yet. So he gets stuck on his tummy and then yells and cries because he doesn't like being there for very long. So right now my days are spent constantly pushing him back to his back and trying to teach him to do it on his own. I sure hope he learns it soon. Ethan moves more in his sleep than he does when he's awake.
We find him in all sorts of odd positions at night in his crib. Since he's learned to roll over, I've had to get up multiple times at night to help him because he's rolled over and gotten a leg or arm stuck between the bars of the crib... and yes I do have a bumper on, but somehow he still gets a limb up and over the bumper and stuck! It was funny the first time when he had his foot through the bars and his hand jammed down in between the mattress and the bars, but when I kept having to get up at night, it soon became more of a big hassle. How he does all that and still stays asleep for a while, I can't quite figure out. We had family photos taken on monday.

I think they turned out so great.
Ethan didn't smile as much as I had hoped he would, but I still loved the photos that we got of him. The one I chose to have on my wall is of him eating his hand. That is sooooo him! He loves his hands. He loves to suck on his thumb now, that's how he puts himself to sleep. He doesn't like a pacifier at all. In fact, I've got a pile of them on his nightstand that need to just be tossed since he doesn't use them anymore. Well that is all for now!






4 comments:
Your pictures came out so good gal! Did you get them done at pennys?
These pics are fabulous! Glad to hear that all is well.
Hey I found your blog. Your little guy is sooo cute!!! Love the pictures. Take care.
What a beautiful family! Ethan is so big and i'm still lamenting on my very slow knitting process...He's gonna be in a big boy bed when I finish it!
Me=Lame
Post a Comment