There’s so much I want to say and when I don’t write things out, my brain just stores them up and continues thinking about them, which of course then keeps me awake at all odd hours of the night. It’s so annoying. So this is going to be a random thoughts entry.

Well first of all I have to say that Jordon is an incredibly hard worker, one of the hardest I know. I’ve never seen someone work as hard as he does with his school work. He’s amazingly smart and can retain so much information and knows so many things, but he struggles with school and has to work so hard to keep his grades up. I wish everyday that I could help him with his school work. But his engineering classes make no sense to me. In fact, his homework looks like a foreign language! Let me give you an idea of what his weeks are usually like. Monday through Friday he gets up anywhere between 4 and 6am and is usually at school by 7:30am. He stays at school all day doing classes in the morning and working on homework during the afternoon and evening. Some nights he’ll be home by 6 (if he’s lucky or just so tired of school that he needs a break and dinner), but most nights he’s not home until somewhere between 9 and midnight. Then he’s usually up till 2am trying to get more work done and then he sleeps for a few hours and he’s up doing it all over again. Then Saturday he is up and at work by 7:30am and works till 6 or so. If he’s working fixing a problem with our car after the shop closes, then he’s at work much later than 6. Then Sunday he is at church all day from 9am till 6pm doing ward clerk business. So basically I never see him except for a few minutes here and a few minutes there, or if Ethan and I decide to have lunch with him or take a walk to school to visit, otherwise he hardly see’s Ethan because he’s gone before Ethan gets up and doesn’t get home until after Ethan’s goes to bed. So that is the update on Jordon and what he’s doing these days. Poor guy needs a serious vacation!

Ethan is doing well. He has learned to grab anything and everything he can wrap his little fingers around which include toys, mommy’s hair, mommy’s nose, shirts, blankets, burp rags, etc. and is starting to pull them up to his mouth to suck on. He also loves to look at his hands and suck on those too. He’s not much of a pacifier kind of guy, which I’m not complaining about! I like that he would rather suck on his hands than a pacifier, I think that’ll be good in the long run. This week he’s starting to roll to his side, in preparation for learning to roll from his back to his tummy. When he’s on his tummy he usually rolls to his back, but I still think it’s just tipping over and he’s not actually trying to do it because he always has this surprised look on his face when he tips over.

He gets so excited when he see’s daddy. When Jordon comes home while Ethan is still awake, Ethan’s legs just start kicking and you can see this look in his eyes like “daddy pick me up and play with me!” It’s so cute. He sure doesn’t do that with me, I’m just the woman he see’s all day and all night long. I’ve been put on the back burner I guess. But I enjoy seeing how much he absolutely LOVES his daddy. It’s so fun to watch and Jordon loves it too. Jordon is the one who can get him to giggle the most.
I have to say that since I’ve become a mom and I’m not in school this semester, the public Library has become one of my favorite places! If I want to learn about something or drift off into a fictional land, then I go to the Library and find whatever my heart desires… books, movies, etc. And it’s all FREE! That’s what I love the most. I get stacks of movies and books whenever I go. Right now I am re-reading the Children of the Promise series by Dean Hughes. It’s a series that I read back in high school, but I never got to finish it. So I decided to start back at the beginning and finally finish the series! Although I’m only on book 3 out of 5 and I have only 1 ½ more months to go before I have to start school again. Hope I can make it!
Can I just say that I hate living in such a dry place. The other night Jordon and I wanted cookies, so I baked cookies. Well when we make cookies here, within five minutes of pulling them out of the oven, they are hard as rocks! The only way to keep them soft is by putting them in a ziplock bag with a piece of bread (good trick by the way, for anyone who didn’t know that).

I thought I’d never say it, but I miss the mildew and moss of Washington. Everything was so wet and moist there and I miss it! I love rain!!! And yes you can call me crazy if you’d like, I already know I’m crazy for loving dark dreary rainy days. I love green trees, green mountains, and just feeling surrounded and enclosed by so many trees that you can’t see anything but green! I could go on forever about what I love about home, but it’ll only make me more homesick than I already am. Only four more weeks to go till we head home for Christmas! WOOHOO! Cold, dark, dreary rainy Seattle Christmas, here we come!!! I CAN’T WAIT!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment