Can I just say I HATE DIAPERS! Ok, so here's the dilemma, and I'm sure many of you can relate. So before leaving my job at the hospital I was able to buy 2 cases of Pampers diapers at much lower cost than retail. So I bought a case of newborns and size 1. Well I am a big fan of pampers by the way, they seem to fit Ethan very well. He started growing out of newborns, but the size 1 diapers in the Pamper brand were HUGE compared to their newborn size.
Can't they just make an in-betweeny size? So we went out hunting for other diapers... and tried Huggies newborns. Well I've figured out that the huggies newborn size is a good in-betweeny between the two pamper sizes, but Ethan leaks out of them like crazy. Oh and here's another kicker...the huggies size 1 diapers are smaller than the pampers size 1's. Ok so here's why I hate diapers... I just ran out of pampers today and I had this bag of huggies still, but come to find out when I put it on Ethan, they were too small! UGHH! Oh and my old neighbors gave us some of their old size 1 diapers they don't use anymore in the parent's choice brand, well those are a tad bit larger than huggies, but not by much, so I squeezed him in it till we can go to the store later and get more diapers. But I don't like those
either... too bulky, and the tabs aren't stretchy, so they don't fit as well. With the price of diapers, I'm too scared to try all the other brands out there that I haven't used yet... Call me a picky diaper lady, but hey... I can't help it, with the amount of poop and pee this kid produces, I gotta be somewhat picky. Afterall, I get pee'd and pooped on enough as it is! Let alone if a diaper doesn't fit well, it's ten times worse! Oh and another thing... Ethan is almost growing out of his size 1 diapers, which means we'll have to get size 2 here soon. But I'm afraid i'm going to run into the same problem I ran into when I bought the size 1's... too huge a difference between sizes. I say we just ban diapers all together! hmmm... ok so maybe that's not the best idea as it would leave quite a mess around here. (sigh) Well best be off to search for the PERFECT diaper... if it exists.
Can't they just make an in-betweeny size? So we went out hunting for other diapers... and tried Huggies newborns. Well I've figured out that the huggies newborn size is a good in-betweeny between the two pamper sizes, but Ethan leaks out of them like crazy. Oh and here's another kicker...the huggies size 1 diapers are smaller than the pampers size 1's. Ok so here's why I hate diapers... I just ran out of pampers today and I had this bag of huggies still, but come to find out when I put it on Ethan, they were too small! UGHH! Oh and my old neighbors gave us some of their old size 1 diapers they don't use anymore in the parent's choice brand, well those are a tad bit larger than huggies, but not by much, so I squeezed him in it till we can go to the store later and get more diapers. But I don't like those
either... too bulky, and the tabs aren't stretchy, so they don't fit as well. With the price of diapers, I'm too scared to try all the other brands out there that I haven't used yet... Call me a picky diaper lady, but hey... I can't help it, with the amount of poop and pee this kid produces, I gotta be somewhat picky. Afterall, I get pee'd and pooped on enough as it is! Let alone if a diaper doesn't fit well, it's ten times worse! Oh and another thing... Ethan is almost growing out of his size 1 diapers, which means we'll have to get size 2 here soon. But I'm afraid i'm going to run into the same problem I ran into when I bought the size 1's... too huge a difference between sizes. I say we just ban diapers all together! hmmm... ok so maybe that's not the best idea as it would leave quite a mess around here. (sigh) Well best be off to search for the PERFECT diaper... if it exists.






3 comments:
We had really good luck with Kirkland signature brand with Ernie, and their smallest is a 1-2. But...I'm seriously considering cloth diapers when we get out of the 15-diapers-per-day stage. Seems like they're more easily adjustable, and will cost less in the long run.
I don't know if I can say I've had those kind of diaper problems. I mean, James leaked out of diapers all the time when he was really little and now he does it every once in a while and it's usually when He gets up in the morning if he happened to pee a lot through the night. I've found that I like Huggies and Pampers but I'm not a huge fan of luvs. I always found that bigger is better though. When James first transitioned to a bigger size they were always a lot bigger on him but I would just fold the tops over and in no time he fit into them just fine. But he usually didn't leak through them when they were big. I hope that helps a little.
In my searches I've found that the little babies just leak until their leg fat starts filling out those holes. Besides that I've always found pampers to be the best leak prevention. If you have to change the other diaper twice in place of One pampers you save your money right there. Besides going thru less laundry, and thus soap, water and stress. Do the fold down trick that was stated earlier. It will work until that leg fat arrives!
Post a Comment