He runs outside the back sliding door, runs around the corner of our building to the patch of weeds, picks one, brings it back inside and hands it to me, then he proceeds to crush the head so seeds go all over the carpet and couch (or wherever I may be at the time), then he runs back out and gets another and another... you get the picture. I try to be overjoyed about getting a "flower" from my little boy, but sometimes I can't stop the groan that tends to slip out especially when he wants to spread it all over the house. Oh joy!!! But I love that he's learned the concept of giving flowers to his momma.
Last night we were sitting outside eating popsicles and Ethan had one too. I tell you, it's quite difficult to help him keep his popsicle clean and near his mouth and not dirt, grass, bird poop, or dandelion seeds... yes we encountered all the above last night. First he came to sit on the picnic table and picked just the right spot to rub his hands through dried bird poop, then he decided he'd put his popsicle down in the grass while he went to play. Then later he was playing with the dandelion seeds and it ended up sticking all over his popsicle. Jordon washed it off and gave it back, he then proceeded to try putting the popsicle into a hole in the wood siding of the apartment building. When we said "no!" he got his usual puckered lower lip sad face and then threw himself face first into the grass (popsicle and all). By the time he started getting popsicle juice on our clothes, we decided it was time to be done. I'm not sure if I want to give him more popsicles for a while... but it sure was yet another adventure with a toddler in tow.








1 comment:
I suppose Ethan is trying to get his trace minerals from the dirt, ,or poo or ? Maybe its his subconscious doing it as his conscious is too busy thinking he doesn't like to eat anything...?? Still funny though!
Post a Comment