There are days when I feel so discouraged as a mother. I feel like I am not doing my job well, that I'm not teaching Ethan the things he needs to be taught and I feel overwhelmed when I think of what all he needs to learn so he can have a testimony of our savior Jesus Christ and grow up to love the Lord. There are days, like one I had recently where I feel as if I've had every finger and every toe slammed, pinched, or had some sort of hard object dropped on them, been hit in the face with a metal flashlight, and been kicked in the torso numerous times with little feet. I literally feel beat up at days end with my nerves rubbed raw. Those are the days when Ethan gets put to bed early and I go on what I call "mommy strike". I feel discouraged and beat down. But then I see a video like this and immediately my spirits are lifted and I remember that what I am doing each day is important, even if the only things I get done are making oatmeal in the mornings, filling sippies with juice, getting a little wiggly body dressed, chasing after a little boy who runs away and hides from me because he doesn't want his diaper changed, changing diapers, laying on the floor and playing with toys, and cuddling my little toddler before he goes to sleep.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
That is so ironic, I watched that mormon message 5 times this morning...I am glad I am not alone as I think of all my shortcomings as a mother. I think you are great with Ethan and he is so lucky to have such a fun and amazing mother.
Post a Comment