Today was quite an adventure, in not such a good way. Ethan had his first visit to an urgent care after being bit by Lucy (Grammy & Papa's dog) in the face. I think Ethan must have gotten into Lucy's space too much today and she got too irritated with him, the little guy just loves dogs a little too much I think and doesn't realize what a danger they can be to little people. Our visit was long with waiting, lots of crying during irrigation and cleaning, but thankfully no stitches and no permanent eye damage other than a scar or two that he'll have along with some bruising and a fat lip. His lip may have been punctured, but still not too sure. It wasn't fun for poor little E, but we're grateful that we were able to get his wounds cleaned good and get him on an antibiotic to keep infections at bay. He'll just look a bit mangled for the next few weeks.
Unfortunately this wasn't the first nipping/biting that Lucy dog has done... three strikes and your out as my father in-law would say. Poor ol' Luce was put down this afternoon by Papa in the back 40' (way backyard of the house). That may sound extreme to some, but grammy and papa don't take that from their dogs, especially when Lucy has been punished in the past and they've tried multiple times to teach her that biting is not acceptable. I can't help but feel sad about Lucy... Jordon and I called her "crazy eye'd Luce" because she always had this crazy look in her eye (in a funny good way) and just always excited to see you with her tail wagging. She jumped at shadows and loved to chase water. She was a stinky dirty dog always loving to roll around in mud and poop along the back trails behind the house, and I sure never wanted to touch her much because of it... but still even through all that, I'll admit that I really liked her and thought she was a good dog. I couldn't help but shed a few tears today over poor ol Lucy especially when Ethan looked out the window making barking sounds and looking for the dog, though God only knows how much I wanted to beat her to a pulp after seeing what she did to my baby. Even so, Here's to you Luce! I can only imagine how happy you must be in heaven chasing shadows and rolling in mud pies. Goodbye ol' friend, you'll be greatly missed, stinky hide and all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment