Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy 3rd Anniversary!!!


In celebration of our 3rd anniversary I thought I’d reminisce a little about our wedding day; at least from my side of the story (the bride). I remember waking up that morning and eating breakfast, then getting my hair done and feeling quite happy and content. My sister in-law did my makeup even though she was sick as a dog with a severe case of Mono (Thanks Tiff!) and then it was off to the temple for a 10:30 wedding. I don’t remember a ton about what was said, I only remember being awed by how many people were in the room of our family and good friends. It was almost a shock and I was just dazed. Afterwards we had photos taken and then Jordon and I headed to the church for our reception with a stop at our hotel to drop our luggage off (don’t worry, we didn’t even get out of the car, just dropped it by the valet). Then it was off to the church where we had a wonderful lunch with family and yes Jordon and I actually ate a meal that day. I was very proud of that considering everyone I know seems to always say that they starved on their wedding day.


The reception was beautiful! I remember hearing that family was there setting up till well after midnight the night before… and it looked better than I could have ever imagined! We had more family photos before our reception, and then the reception. The reception was so fun! I just loved seeing so many friends and family there and feeling like the most beautiful bride in the world. It was really fun being a princess for a day. My little nieces called me a princess when I walked out of the temple in my wedding dress, I just loved that. We talked and danced and ate cake (which was so good! And we both wish we could have eaten more of it!). I remember dancing with Jordon knowing our reception would soon be over and I told him that I didn’t want to leave, I was having so much fun! He on the other hand was ready to get out of there and promptly at 8ish we got ready to head out. We changed out of our clothing before leaving (to leave our gown and tux with family so we didn’t have to haul it with us on our honeymoon). My dress was a sinched up dress and it felt like a corset. I could hardly breath really and it was so nice to finally get out of that dress (though I will always LOVE my dress!). We headed out to our car which was decked out with rose petals and all kinds of nice snacks and goodies inside left by my siblings. Then we left with the usual Felt family tradition of my brother Paul setting off fireworks in the parking lot. Thankfully we’ve never had a car blow up yet! His shows have gotten better and better over the years, and since I am the youngest in my family, I think our show was the best! Fireworks were going off under our car for a few blocks past the church.
What I know of Jordon’s side of the story is that he backed his dad’s car into his brother’s car during that morning in the church parking lot… I don’t believe he slept much the night before (where as I had a nice full 8 hours of solid sleep and felt great!). So I’m not too sure that the day was perfect for Jordon, but it sure was perfect for me. I remember everything being wonderful and happy and nothing going wrong and it was just so nice to allow others to take care of things and sit back and enjoy one of the most important days of our life. Thank you to all of our family and friends for making our special day so perfect!
Jordon and I always look back on our wedding/honeymoon and wish sometimes that we could go back to those days briefly and experience it all over again because we loved it so much. And as for our honeymoon, thanks to our wonderful parents we were able to go on a cruise in the Caribbean’s and stayed in a suite on the ship! It was the best vacation I’ve ever had (and nicest too!). We had quite an adventure getting to the cruise ship (that’s another long story in itself), but once we got on, things went smoothly and we enjoyed visiting Mexico, Jamaica, and Grand Caymans. We even swam with stingrays and I gave one of them a kiss! I was told I’d have 7 years good luck if I kissed a stingray. Jordon didn’t really want to kiss me after that for a while. We also loved the ice cream cone machine on the cruise ship… we ate multiple ice cream cones a day and loved it. It wasn’t as sunny as we’d hoped it’d be, but it was still wonderful. The suite was great, it had a king bed, sitting area, vanity area, two closets, a nice spacious bathroom and shower, and our own private balcony! We sure hope that someday we can go back and go on another cruise, it sure was wonderful. Of course I know that our next cruise will be in a small stateroom, but that’s ok!

Many people thought I was crazy for waiting for Jordon for two years while he served a mission for our church. Since most girls don’t last the wait and end up getting married to someone else, I got a lot of skepticism about if I’d last. I always knew that Jordon was worth the wait and have never doubted that. I love him so much! He’s the sweetest, kindest, most loving man I’ve ever met and treats me like a Queen. He’s a wonderful husband and father and I feel so lucky to be his wife and only true love. Happy Anniversary Honey! I Love You!







1 comment:

Maddie said...

Your blog is so sweet Liana! I love your wedding dress. :) It's beautiful! You were (and still are) a gorgeous bride. Thanks for sharing your blog with me!