Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Latest Happenings

A few happenings around here... today Jordon gave me a day off and I went out on the town. Thanks Honey! You are the best! My great finding of the day was a white long sleeve collared church shirt (van heusen) for Ethan for $1!!! I also found a very nice light blue long sleeved for a dollar as well. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a white shirt for a while at DI and finally got lucky today. Ethan now signs "milk" with his hand and I think he also said "daddy" today too! We are trying to teach him more sign language in hopes that we can help him to communicate with us and not get so darn frustrated when he wants something. It was very exciting last night when he signed milk before I gave him his sippy of milk. We've been trying to get him to sign that for MONTHS!

I have started a new workout. P90X... thanks to my neighbor for letting me borrow it! It's a series of 13 different discs that have different workouts for different days. It's intense... as Jordon said this morning "it makes me sweat just watching it". I am hoping it will get me in better shape for my work physical that I'll now be required to pass every 6 months. My issue with the physical test is that I'm not only wearing 30 extra lbs of gear, but there's a part of the test where I have to drag a dummy 100ft that weighs 45lbs more than I do! So all in all I'm dragging not only my body weight but 75 extra pounds... it kills me everytime. The dummy drag is in the middle of the test and by that point my legs feel like they are going to give out on me and there's still more to do! I'm also probably the lightest weight and smallest person on the department... so, yay for me! (being sarcastic). And people wonder why I try to avoid taking the physical agility test whenever possible...

I have found a new hobby that I enjoy... making cards! I have had a little too much fun in the $1 section of our local craft store with stamps, stamp ink, and then finding little odds and ends for crafts at DI, along with borrowing from my crafty neighbor too... Thanks Kelly! I really like it though and I'm having lots of fun. I'll have to take some photos of a few of my favorite cards. But I'm sure Grammys and Papas will be seeing some of these cards in the mail here and there. I've also been having fun with my neighbor making beaded interchangable watch bands that you can change out on special watch faces (I have two faces) and 3 different bands now. We also are working on making baby and little boy ties and all sorts of other fun projects we find. I feel so crafty! I've never really been this crafty before but its fun.

We have a week break for Thanksgiving. It will be nice having no school, but Jordon will be very busy studying for the GRE (his graduate exam that he needs to take before applying to grad school). He'll be taking the test Dec 1st. We will be celebrating Thanksgiving over at my brothers house here in the area and I am really looking forward to eating yummy turkey... mmmmm, my favorite!

No comments: